Instagram is a wonderful place, and to celebrate we have compiled a list below of 18 truly interesting facts.
• As of December 2014, there are 300 million active users.
• There are more than 75 million users who use it every single day.
• 13% of all Internet users in the world have an Instagram account
• 9% of teenagers have claimed they have been bullied on Instagram at one point or another.
• 20% of American woman are active users and 15% of American men are active users.
• 30% of American teenagers would consider Instagram to be the most important social media site.
• 41% of users are aged between 16 and 24 years old.
• 51% of users are male, and 49% are female.
• 60.3 million US citizens are currently members of this application for mobile.
• App was originally launched as an iPhone app only. It was launched in October, 2010. Within 3 months it had already accumulated one million members.
• When the app was scheduled for launch in 2013. There were 450,000 pre registrations. And then more than one million downloads in less than 12 hours when Instagram first launched.
• In April of 2012 Facebook purchased IG off of the original owners for 1 billion dollars.
• There are a staggering 70 million photos uploaded to Instagram every single day.
• In June, 2013, first launched their video sharing feature. And within the first 24 hours alone, more than 5 million videos were uploaded.
• The 3 countries who use Instagram the most are: The United States, Brazil, and Japan.
• New York City is the location with the most geotagged posts on App, and Times Square is the most geotagged place within New York.
• 70% of all Instagram users check their news feed at least once a day then 35% of users check it multiple times per day.
You can find more articles about Instagram on Insta4likes.com blog