<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Social networks are places where we can share tastes, experiences and meet new people. In the case of some like Instagram also allow us to maximize our hobbies or professions, in this case the photograph. However, not everything on social networks is rosy and in the same way that on the street we do not trust anyone, on Instagram we should not do the same.
We offer you a series of tips to avoid having security problems in Instagram and that your profile is totally safe from crimes, frauds, cheats or SPAM.
- If you are a minor it is recommended that you count on the help of your parents to create and supervise your Instagram profile. To tell the truth, this social network is one of the least prone to criminal activities such as cyberbullying but, despite this, the risk exists, whether on Instagram, on other social networks or on the street.
- Watch your contacts. Do not add anyone to your list, or trust people who are too “open” from the beginning even without knowing them.
- If, for example, you’re going to buy 100 followers on Instagram ; make sure you do it to a company that ensures you real followers.
- Identity theft or intrusion into honor are crimes, so if you see any sign that your information is being used illegally, you must communicate it to Instagram itself, or if the facts are clearly criminal, to the authorities relevant.
- Do not be innocent Forget the phrases or thoughts like “this will not happen to me” or “I do not believe that these things can be done online”. Attacks on our internet security occur more often than we think.
- Report on Instagram if you receive unsolicited advertising or SPAM, or content related to illegal activities, such as drug trafficking.
- Learn to choose the security settings and increase the restrictions to access your profile if you have too many requests from people you do not want to add.
- Recently Instagram has announced that you can use our photos for commercial purposes. Well, this is true and this is stipulated by the clauses of the contract that we signed. However, until that happens the photos are totally ours and no other users can use them or spread them as their own.
Do not forget that Instagram already has 200 million profiles and that with such a volume of users it is impossible that there is not any with dark intentions. Although these are a large minority, every precaution is little to defend our personal safety.